Our Vision and Values
A Staten Island that is a vibrant, diverse community of tolerant, civically engaged neighbors, where all residents – especially the least advantaged – have, and have access to, the resources necessary to maximize their potential and to enhance the quality of life on the Island.
Inherent in the Foundation’s role to help improve the quality of life in Staten Island communities is the commitment to:
- Act with integrity, and serve as leaders on Staten Island
- Be an ethical, effective, accountable, approachable and transparent organization
- Adhere to and model best practices in philanthropy, and exemplify the highest ethics and business practices
- Promote equity, opportunity and civility on the Island
- Add value through intelligence, insight, and boldness, taking measured risks and leadership on certain issues
- Act with compassion and remain flexible and responsive in addressing emergencies and other critical needs
In all its operations, the Foundation is guided by a quest for excellence, striving constantly to make a positive difference on Staten Island.